Wednesday 11 July 2012

A Fireball In Texas


 
I was reading my diary that I wrote when I was nine years old, I read: “Daddy was reading me a book about the fireball that hit Texas 100 years ago. Daddy told me that scientists called geologists are still studying the blast, but they haven't found anything until now, I really want to be a geologist in the future, I will discover what happened there in Texas."
 
I really became a geologist. I searched on the Internet about the fireball that hit Texas.
 
A fireball hit Texas in 1891, more than 100 years ago, that's from a long time ago! But no one knew what happened there until now. Some geologists and I decided to go to Texas, to know exactly what hit it, and caused all the damage in it.
 
After a year of planning and preparing our supplies for our journey, we were ready in the winter of 2000. We went in winter because we were told that the weather is so hot in Texas.
 
We went by an airplane to an airport in America. When we were there, even more scientists were waiting for us, to help us on our hard journey. After that, a driver drove us to a place near Texas, but after a few hours, the wheels were gone one after another, so we had to walk on our feet.
 
We walked and walked, we had to keep some of our bags because we got really tired.
 
We knew we were in Texas when we saw damage everywhere. What caught our attentions first was the huge hole in the land. There was no one, no house where there, everything was ugly and awful, everything was black and gray, even the fallen trees, they were dark black.
 
We studied every single thing there using the special equipments we got with us. We found pieces of strange rocks that weren't found on Earth, so we were sure that it was from space. We studied the rocks and the land.
 
After a month of studying, we found that a metriod fell from space into Texas and caused the big blast and all the damage there.
 
It was a really hard journey, we faced many problems of not having enough food and water, but that's a geologist's job, it's hard, but fun at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment